Previously we had introduced 5 great Mac OS X Themes on Desktop Spotting, but since not all of them may work well on the new Mountain Lion, here are two newly designed Mac themes which will give a fresh look and feel to your Mountain Lion desktops:
Nocturne Theme For Mountain Lion
White Mountain Lion Theme
Customize Your OS X Lion’s Dashboard, Mission Control and Login Screen Background Images with “Lion Designer”
Have you ever been trying to customize your Mac OS X Lion’s different design elements such as the mission control or login screen backgrounds? Sure you could do these using hacks and tricks that required a little manual file editing and replacement, but now thanks to German developer Moritz Wette, You can easily do the customization with a free app called “Lion Designer“.
Here are some of Lion Designer features:
- Customize new Dashboard background image
- Customize new Mission Control background image
- Customize folder icons of the new Launchpad
- Customize folder background of the new Launchpad
- Customize the login screen background image
- Change the icon (apple) at the top of the login screen
- Customize the size of the launchpad icons
Watch this quick tutorial to learn how to use the Lion Designer app.
We have previously mentioned the awesome Mac desktop customization tool, Geektool, in several posts. Fortunately the developer of this app has released GeekTool App on Mac App Store, and it had gained a lot of popularity only in a few days.
Geektool app comes with three default plugins:
- File plugin to monitor MacOS X activity with /var/log/system.log, or any file that you want to follow.
- Shell mode to launch custom scripts or commands like “df” to check space left on filesystems or “uptime” to monitor load on your machine.
- Finally, image mode helps you monitor bandwith usage, CPU load, memory availability on your server with tools like MRTG or RRD.
The screenshot of Geektool on Mac App store features the Awesome Clock and Sand Desktop we had previously covered. So if you are interested in replicating this beautiful desktop check this video tutorial.
Not satisfied with your Mac OS X default theme or looking for something to change the look of your desktop into a clean and refreshing one that is more of your style? Here are our top 5 gorgeous themes for you Mac OS X Desktop/Laptop (Leopard and Snow Leopard).
SOG theme is designed for Snow Leopard 10.6 which completely replaces the system user interface with its own shady interface.
This was all inspired by: XLooo
The time, weather, network info, and battery status were all added using GeekTool3.
The iTunes track info is being displayed by Bowtie.